Cajun chicken pasta is so creamy and rich with a spicy kick that keeps you digging in for more. It is a great way to mix up your usual weekly meals. The cajun spice will wake up your tastebuds and your night! It is a meal you will be excited to make and even more excited to eat!
Cajun is a little bit of spice and a little bit of sweet! If you love cajun chicken seasoning southwest blackened cajun chicken with rice or cajun chicken alfredo pasta.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
True Story: I tricked the hubby tonight into thinking I actually got Chili’s take-out. He couldn’t tell a difference. It was awesome! We love Chili’s. It isn’t a five star restaurant or anything fancy, but their two for $20 deal for a date night is great for us and we love it! I have been getting this cajun chicken pasta every time we went for years. I have many great memories of eating this meal with my man! Maybe that’s why I just had to try to make it myself!
This tastes just like the real thing. I tried making it once a few years back, but it was not nearly as close as this recipe was! Try it yourself and see! I think you will be so happy with it!!
Ingredients for Cajun Chicken Pasta:
- Chicken breasts: Boneless and skinless
- Cajun seasoning: This is where the spice of this dish comes from.
- Butter or margarine: Use half to cook the chicken and half for the sauce.
- Heavy cream: Add to the saucepan for the sauce when the chicken is almost done.
- Lemon pepper seasoning: The clean flavor of the lemon balances the spice from the cajun seasoning.
- Salt: Helps bring out all the flavors.
- Black pepper: Add to taste.
- Garlic powder: Adds garlic flavor without having to add in garlic cloves and risk them burning.
- Penne pasta: Cooked and drained
- Roma tomatoes: Diced
- Parmesan cheese: Fresh shredded, to taste
How to Make Cajun Chicken Pasta:
Prep the Chicken: Rinse the chicken in water and put in a Tupperware container or large resealable bag. Add the cajun seasoning and shake to coat thoroughly.
Cook the Chicken: In a large skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and turn when needed. Make sure to check with a knife to make sure it is no longer pink.
Make the sauce: When the chicken is almost done, in a saucepan combine the heavy cream, 2 Tbs butter, lemon pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. When the cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and remove from heat stirring well.
Cut the Chicken: Once chicken is cooked, cut thin strips on cutting board.
Plate it up: Spoon the pasta onto a plate and top chicken, diced tomatoes and parmesan. Sprinkle with more cajun seasoning if desired! Best when served with a side of Texas garlic toast.
Tips for Making Cajun Chicken Pasta:
- I added a little bit of cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it up a little. If yours is too think add more heavy cream.
- Wisk the sauce continually as it cooks to prevent burning.
- Adjust the heat in this sauce by making your own Cajun seasoning and including less cayenne.
- Slice the chicken before cooking for a faster cook time.
- For extra creamy sauce add 2oz. of cream cheese to your sauce!
- You can make this with shrimp instead of chicken, or use a combination of both.
- Make this vegetarian by leaving the chicken out or replacing it with tofu and swap the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
- You can also make this gluten-free by using brown rice pasta and replacing the flour with 1 teaspoon of gluten-free flour.
If you love Cajun Try These Recipes!